Tuesday, December 6, 2016

AX 2012 | Process Opening Balances Part 2


















In  part 1 (Process Opening Balances Part 1) we were discussed how to process the opening balances for new implementation.

In this part we will discuss how to transfer previous year ending balances to the new year as opening balances.

Within the following steps we will illustrate how to do it.


1- First, we will create a new fiscal year. Go to GL-> Setup -> Fiscal Calendars -> Click New fiscal year -> enter the details and click create.















2- New Fiscal year was created successfully.















3- Next, let's check the Fiscal "Fiscal year Close" parameters. Go to GL-> Setup - > General Ledger Parameters -> ledger Tab ->"Fiscal year Close".

For the sake of this demo i will only select "Voucher number must be filled in".

If you need to under stand the differences between this checkbox's i strongly recommend to read Ludwig Reinhard post in this regards.















4- Before transfer the balances let's check the trial balance for the new year. In our case 2017 . Go to GL-> Common-> Trial Balance -> Click Parameters button select the new year dates then click OK.















5- Note that there is no balances for this year.















6- Now we are ready to transfer. Go to GL- Periodic -> Fiscal Year Close -> Opening transactions. enter the previous year end date in our case "31/12/2016"
in the balance account make sure to select "Closing -> Opening" then select the end Year result account. finally enter the "Voucher Number". Then Click Ok.















7- Transfer Done.




















8- Now Go back to the trial balance screen. make sure to select the new fiscal year dates. then Click update.















9- Note that all previous year ending balances was transferred to new year as opening balances.















10- To check the Opening balance voucher. Go to GL-> Inquires -> Voucher transactions -> enter the voucher number was used in step 6. Then Click OK.















11- Note that the open balance transfer voucher was created in "period 0" and the period type is "Opening".















That's all for today. see you in part 3

See Also

13 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Can you please tell me how to upload balances if the go live is mid year (like after first or second quarter).

    In this scenario how to upload balances for balance sheet and P&L accounts.

    Thanks
    Abhi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , you need to upload both BS and P&L. Upload BS to on GL and P&L to another GL. Also you need to set off AR and AP balance with two different off set account which is not part of your Financial statement.

      Delete
  2. The Le_Meridian Funding Service went above and beyond their requirements to assist me with my loan which i used expand my pharmacy business,They were friendly, professional, and absolute gems to work with.I will recommend  anyone looking for loan to contact. Email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com  Or lfdsloans@outlook.com.WhatsApp ... + 19893943740.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am home and I have been earning from home full time TRADING BY INVESTING WITH SKYLINK TECHNOLOGY and making a steady income. Via BITCOIN TRADING/MINING. I make over $7500 weekly, I am able to cover all my home expenses, car expenses and have money left over to be able to enjoy life financially free. no fraud, nor waste your time. Invest and get paid simple as that. Don’t let opportunities like this sound strange to you as it is real and the opportunity as bitcoin is taking over the world market today. hurry up and be a part of this today. i just wish i had knew earlier
    get in contact with them today via mail: skylinktechnes@yahoo.com or whatsapp: +1(213)785-1553 or website: https://skylinktechnes.wixsite.com/info

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "When I was applying for a loan to purchase my building as a small business owner in a tough situation, conventional banks said they could not help me. the loan firm from mr lee sat down with me, heard my situation and decided that I was worth taking a chance on. Here we are 5 years later and I have just renewed my loan for another 7 years. I couldn’t have purchased my building without the help of the loan from mr lee and will be forever indebted to them for giving me a chance when no one else would."here is mr lee contact Email: 247officedept@gmail.com Also on whatsApp: +1-989-394-3740So I will advise anyone here looking for a loan to contact mr lee for an assistance of loan fundings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DynaTech Systems is a Microsoft Dynamics Partner formulating the best digital transformation strategy with MS platforms like Dynamics 365.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so delighted I found your weblog, I really found you by accident,
    while I was researching on Bing for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a fantastic post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), UNDETECTED HIGH QUALITY DRIVERS DOCUMENTS I don't have time to go through it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. UPDATED FRESH FULLZ DEC-2023
    USA UK CANADA
    VALID & FRESH WITH GUARANTEED RESULTS
    ALL INFO VERIFIED & CHECKED

    SSN DOB DL ADDRESS FULLZ
    SIN DOB ADDRESS FULLZ
    NIN DOB DL ADDRESS FULLZ
    REAL ID/DL SCAN FRONT BACK WITH SELFIE
    HIGH CREDIT SCORES PROS
    BUSINESS EIN COMPANY FULLZ
    YOUNG AGE FULLZ
    CC CVV WITH BILLING ADDRESS
    CLONING DUMPS CARD TRACK 101 & 202 WITH PIN CODES
    FULL FOR TAX-RETURN|UI|PUA|SBA|UBEREATS|DOORDASH|KYC
    OFFICE365 LEADS|LOGINS
    SMTP'S|RDP|C-PANELS|SHELLS|WEB-MAILERS

    Tutorials are also available for
    Carding|Spamming|Scripting|Cash-out|Loan Methods

    Genuine stuff will be provided
    No scam, if anything found invalid will replace
    Limited Stock available

    Contact Fast

    ICQ 752822040 | @killhacks
    Telegram @leadsupplier | @killhacks
    Email bigbull0334 @ onion mail . org
    Skype @peeterhacks

    ReplyDelete
  9. ICQ 752822040 | @killhacks
    Telegram @killhacks | @leadsupplier
    Email bigbull0334 @ onion mail .org
    Skype @peeterhacks

    FRESH FULLZ SELLER
    ==================

    Genuine & Legit Info
    Fresh Spammed fullz
    Invalid & bad info will be replaced

    SSN DOB DL ADDRESS USA
    SIN DOB ADDRESS CANADA
    NIN DOB DL ADDRESS UK
    High Credit Scores Fullz
    DL Front Back with Selfie & SSN
    Passports Photos USA|UK|CANADA|AUS
    CC CVV with Billing Address
    Young Age Fullz
    Fullz for UBEREATS|DOORDASH|SBA|PUA|UI|KYC|Tax Return
    You can get specific fullz too CITIES|STATES|AGE|ZIP's
    SMTP|RDP|C-PANEL|Web-Mailer|Brutes

    Many other stuff we're providing
    Contact us for if you need Spammed Info

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! WhatsUp?

    Selling SPamming TOOLs Like:
    inbox SMTP
    SMS Leads-Phone Number
    Email Leads
    Office 365 Email Leads
    Bulk Phone Number
    Residential Proxy
    Email Extractor
    Bank logs from ALL countries
    Windows RDP
    cPanel hosting
    SSN DOB DL data with Id Pictures.

    And Many Tools and Scam Pages Are Available here.

    Hit Me Up For Contact:
    -* TeLegraM: @cpanelmaster
    -* I.C.q: @cpanelmaster
    -* WeBsiTe: https://toolz.store

    ReplyDelete