Tuesday, November 1, 2016

AX 2012 | Sales order Prepayment


Until recently, I thought there is no standard functionality to link sales order with prepayment. Guess what ! I was wrong.
Dynamics AX provide simple straight foreword functionality to link prepayment with sales order. Special thanks to Ahmed Assaf, who helped me to figure this out.

the following steps illustrate how to link prepayment with sales order:




1- Go To Account receivable -> Common -> Sales Order - > all sales orders -> Create new sales order















2- Fill the sales order details ( Customer, Item, Qty, Price, Etc...)















3- Next, to check if there is any prepayment was linked to this sales order go to sell tab then click the prepayment.















4- The "Total balance" refer to sales order remaining balance, "Amount in transaction currency" refer to prepayment amount
as you noticed our sales order don't have any prepayment transaction. 















5- To link prepayment with this sales order we need to copy or write down the sales order number in our example "000960".















6- Next, Go to Account receivable -> journals -> payment -> Payment Journal.















7- Create new payment journal the click lines.















8- Select the customer, select prepayment checkbox in the payment tab, fill the prepayment amount in my case "500" USD which represent 50% of the sales order amount.
Now the most important step, to link this prepayment with the sales order enter the sales order number in the "Payment reference" field. that simple.















9- Post the prepayment.















10- Now lets go back to the sales order and see the result. Go To Account receivable -> Common -> Sales Order - > all sales orders -> Select sales order "000960" -> select sell tab
then click prepayment. Here we go. As you can see the "Total Balance" Show the sales order remaining balance after subtract the prepayment, and  "Amount in transaction currency" show the prepayment amount.















Cool isn't it ! 

8 comments:

  1. This is wonderful but when you invoice the sales order the prepayment is not automatically applied as it is for Purchase order prepayments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i have observed that prepayment does not get auto settled if you post a tax invoice later of the same amount. I have customized this behaviour in my case and the payment gets marked against that SO.

      Delete
  2. Dear Sir, I'm have been searching the demo data but I was unabe to get it. Im a fresh user to Dynamic AX and want to learn it. Could you please share it to me. I highly appreciate your help and thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not get it to work. I create a Sales Order, I then Posted a AR Payment Journal with the Amount, the Sales Order in the Payment Reference and I checked the Prepayment Journal Voucher check box. When I go back to the Sales Order, the PrePayment button is still greyed out. Just wondering if you know real quick what I am doing wrong here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you need to check the Prepayment journal voucher. Just post it without checking it

      Delete
  5. how to enable to prepayment field in sales order. its in open order only but still its greyed out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. but the problem is you will create the prepayment and post it before create the sales order so when you create the prepayment you don't have the number of the sales order

    ReplyDelete