After you install cumulative update 7 for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2, the Data Import/Export Framework appears to be installed, but you receive error messages when many forms are opened like the following:
You receive an “Assembly containing type Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.DMF.ServiceProxy.DmfEntityProxy is not referenced.” error
Reason: When you install cumulative update 7 for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2, the Data Import/Export Framework appears to be installed for members of the System Administrators role. However, the binary components of the framework are not present.
Solution: To fully install the Data Import/Export Framework, you must run the update installer and do the following steps:
- Go to CU7 files and run Axupdate.exe
- click next in welcome screen
- click Accept and continue in Software licence terms screen
- Select the data Import Export Framework(msi files) which include service component, AOS component, Client component then click next.
- in the prerequisites validation result from make sure that all the prerequisites installed (Green Color) then click next
- specify the service account and the password then click next
- Chose a model store and click next
- Chose Express installation to install all updates or chose Advance installation to select specific updates to install then click next
- review the updates to be installed then click next
- Click Install.
- after installation go to Dynamics AX and check the Data Import/Export Framework module to make sure the error is solved.
To get the updates and new posts please follow the blog by clicking the Join this site Button in the top-right side under my personal information